Programs 2020-2021 (Register for the full year (Sept-June))
– For the 2020-2021 School year, class starts on September 8, 2020.
|3 years old by Dec.31st||Tuesday/Thursday||8:30-11:30 am|
|Frogs||3 1/2 old-5 years old||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||8:30-11:30 am|
|Salamander||4 year olds||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||1:00-4:00 pm|
|4-5 year olds||Wednesday||9:00-4:30 pm|
|6-10 years olds||Friday||9:00-4:30 pm|
When classes are full we open a waiting list. Just fill out our registration form and will put your child’s name on our waiting list. You don’t have to pay our membership fee until you get a spot.
- Tadpoles Class : This class is designed for our smallest explorers.
- Frogs: Children in this class should be ready for an active morning of exploring and learning.
- Salamander : This class is perfect for those children who are ready for bigger adventures, which take place in the afternoon.
- Dragonflies: This class is designed to offer as much time as possible in the forest! Full day of fun.
- Coyotes: Perfect for families who wishes to combine Forest School programming with the traditional school environment or for those who are home-schooled.
Read more information on all of our programs here.
If your not sure in which program you should register your child, don’t hesitate to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), we are here to help!
Important note: All of our preschool classes requires a “duty day” parent. In place of a parent, you may send your childcare provider or another designated adult. This is only a once a month commitment. No duty days are required for the School age Program.
For the 2020-2021 School year, class starts on September 8, 2020
PD Day Programs (Register for specific days only)
- The PD Day program is offered as a half-day or full-day on each of the French and English school board PD days. The FULL day runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. ($40) and the HALF day runs from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. OR 1 to 4 p.m. ($20).
- Dates for 2019-2020:
Feb 3 (CSPO)
Feb 10 (WQSB))
Feb 21 (CSPO)
Mar 27 (CSPO)
May 22 (WQSB)
- Dates for 2020-2021: to come
- Dates for 2019-2020:
Payment accepted in person the day of.
A Bilingual Outdoor School
Our goal is to have a bilingual teacher in addition to the duty parent in each class (no duty parents for school-age program). Classes with 6 or fewer students will have only 1 teacher and a duty parent. Together, we learn to be comfortable away from mom and dad, to share materials and ideas with a group of our peers , to wait for our turn, get our needs met by adults other than our parents, and to solve conflicts using our words.
Our curriculum is play-based and uses the Forest School model. We learn to be comfortable outdoors in all weather and circumstances, building our resilience, and love of nature. We learn to work together as a team and trust each other, developing our self-confidence, problem solving skills, emotional intelligence, creativity and social skills while taking supported risks in a developmentally appropriate manner.
The challenges undertaken by the class depends on the maturity and the ability of the children in the class. A class may even be subdivided so that kids with similar interests can thrive.
Along the way, we develop our math skills by counting, observing and making patterns, sorting, and measuring. Language skills are developed through story telling, rhyming, descriptive words, and simple day to day use and exposure.