Programs 2018-2019 here.
Programs 2019-2020 (Register for the full year (Sept-June))
|3 years old by Dec.31st||Tuesday/Thursday||8:30-11:30 am|
|Mixed Aged Class||3 1/2 old-5 years old||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||8:30-11:30 am|
|Senior Class||4 year olds||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||1:00-4:00 pm|
|Full Day Fours and Fives
|4-5 year olds||Wednesday||8:30 – 4 pm|
|School Age program
|6-10 years olds||Friday||8:30 – 4 pm|
When classes are full we open a waiting list. Just fill out our registration form and will put your child’s name on our waiting list. You don’t have to pay our membership fee until you get a spot.
- Junior Class : This class is designed for our smallest explorers.
- Mixed Aged Class: Children in this class should be ready for an active morning of exploring and learning.
- Senior Class: This class is perfect for those children who are ready for bigger adventures, which take place in the afternoon.
- Full Day Fours and Fives: This class is designed to offer as much time as possible in the forest!
- School Age program: Perfect for families who wishes to combine Forest School programming with the traditional school environment or for those who are home-schooled.
Read more information on all of our programs here.
If your not sure in which program you should register your child, don’t hesitate to send us an email (email@example.com), we are here to help!
Important note: All of our preschool classes requires a “duty day” parent. In place of a parent, you may send your childcare provider or another designated adult. This is only a once a month commitment. No duty days are required for the School age Program.
For the 2019-2020 School year, class starts on September 3rd, 2018.
PD Day Programs 2018-2019 (Register for specific days only)
- The PD Day program is offered as a half-day or full-day on each of the French and English school board PD days. The FULL day runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. ($40) and the HALF day runs from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. OR 1 to 4 p.m. ($20).
- Dates for 2018-2019 are:
- Feb. 22
- March 29
- April 12
- May 3
- May 24
- Dates for 2018-2019 are:
Payment accepted in person the day of.
Summer Camp 2018-2019
Information coming soon.
A Bilingual Outdoor School
Our goal is to have a bilingual teacher in addition to the duty parent in each class (no duty parents for school-age program). Classes with 6 or fewer students will have only 1 teacher and a duty parent. Together, we learn to be comfortable away from mom and dad, to share materials and ideas with a group of our peers , to wait for our turn, get our needs met by adults other than our parents, and to solve conflicts using our words.
Our curriculum is play-based and uses the Forest School model. We learn to be comfortable outdoors in all weather and circumstances, building our resilience, and love of nature. We learn to work together as a team and trust each other, developing our self-confidence, problem solving skills, emotional intelligence, creativity and social skills while taking supported risks in a developmentally appropriate manner.
The challenges undertaken by the class depends on the maturity and the ability of the children in the class. A class may even be subdivided so that kids with similar interests can thrive.
Along the way, we develop our math skills by counting, observing and making patterns, sorting, and measuring. Language skills are developed through story telling, rhyming, descriptive words, and simple day to day use and exposure.